Thursday, June 24, 2010

Batteries are low......

I haven't added any posts to this blog for weeks now. Not a day goes by that I don't think of something I should write about but by the time I have time the inspiration has passed. In truth, that is basically my current situation in a nutshell.

Finding the motivation to accomplish tasks, even small ones, is becoming increasingly difficult. What's the point? Mind you, I don't have a problem doing things that benefit, or will benefit, others, but it just hard to justify self improvement.

I mean I still go to work daily and am still very productive, but I have no interest in attending a motivational seminar that will "insure years of personal gratification through improved people management skills." There was a time when I loved those things and always walked away with my batteries recharged. I haven't had my "batteries" boosted for a while now and frankly can't name a thing that I believe could do it.

Maybe drugs. As a child of the 60s and 70s that was always an option. It's been a long long time since I've had the "munchies." Too long!

------------------------------------------------------

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful munchies cake, begging to be partaken of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I could share some vanilla ice cream topped with hot fudge and rice krispies with you. I hope you live in a state that recognizes the benefits of medical doobage. Regardless, I think it's worth a shot.
    I know it's been far too long for me, too. and when I think of the heavy drugs I take for my current situation, it's very hard for me to figure out why I can't just partake of the munchie-inducing, but oh, so relaxing gangha.
    (is that how that's spelled? - you see what I mean? Why the flip should I care how it's spelled?)
    Hang loose, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a strong proponent of medical "munchies" LOL! I've seen it help a lot of people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah,
    It wasn't as good as it looks. Another fat free creation by Superwoman. But if I had the "munchies".....

    Fay,
    No such luck here in the "Bible Belt". Rice Krispies on ice cream!? What have I been missing?

    Mr. C,
    I knew I should have kept that bong.

    Robin,
    I may have to visit my brother in CA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bob, i understand the lack of motivation as Kel's initiative is way low. The planning/execution/motivation are all affected by CBD. I admire that you work daily and are productive. Went for a bike ride today, we now have over 80 riders signed up, i think Kel will be able to complete it , he is strong once he gets going on the bike. Kel when he starts to ask a question or tell me something he loses words and forgets, but then later he remembers the word he was trying to say. I don't think the cardopa/levodopa is working well but we'll give it another couple of months. We see neurology july 5th for a check up. Do you still go , do they measure your cognitive abilities, range of motion ,etc..??
    think of you often. Karla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karla,
    Wow, it sounds like the ride is going to be a big success. I've actually toyed with the idea of flying up for the festivities.

    I rec'd your card and newspaper clipping. That was very nice of you. I truly feel a kinship with you two.

    I haven't been to my neurologist for a year now. I don't see much point in it.

    FYI: Sinemet depressed me. I felt better off it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you like to gamble? How do 1 in 4 odds sound?

    According to some research recently posted on the Yahoo CBGD_support group, you have a 1 in 4 chance of actually having Alzheimer's disease. I can hear you say it, "Great, out of the frying pan, into the fire". But wait... there has been a LOT more research into Alzheimer's disease. On the Alz.org "medications and treatments" message board, many new ideas are being discussed. Everything from the arthritis drug Enbrel to blueberries, eliminating H.pylori infection to medium chain triglycerides. For some, you need to find a cooperative physician (such as Enbrel and eliminating H.pylori). For others, like blueberries, grape seed extract, curcumin and medium-chain triglycerides, you can pursue on your own using the accounts of other's experiments as a guide.

    ReplyDelete

I read ALL comments right after they're posted. I may fail to respond, but please know your input is appreciated.