Monday, February 2, 2009

"Bummed"....

I've been feeling down. My emotions, especially sadness, seem to be lurking just below the surface covered by an ever thinning membrane. Where once I was the one controlling chaotic situations with apparent calm, I'm now tearing up at "Sleepless in Seattle." How lame can you get!

In one of my moments of despair I decided to drop my Neurologist an email. I quickly got an answer..... "Out of office response." It's a good thing I wasn't suicidal. She did call me at home a few days later.

I confessed to her that I was feeling down. I didn't know if it was the disease or if I was depressed because I knew I had the disease. She ask me a series of questions. After she was finished she announced, "You aren't depressed, you are just Bummed." I was unaware that there was a clear medical difference, but there is.

She offered to prescribe some feel good medicine but we decided we would stay off that slippery slope for now. It IS possible to be glad you are "bummed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read ALL comments right after they're posted. I may fail to respond, but please know your input is appreciated.