One of the more common symptoms of my illness is "Alien Limb Syndrome." While some of the literature describes arms that totally do their own thing, mine is not at that point yet. Mine just seems to have a personality of it's own, and in my humble opinion, it is female.
A court of law would not recognize me as an expert in the field of female identification, however, I have been around women since before I was born and I have never mistaken a man for a woman. EVER! (And that includes some rather difficult to remember nights in Hong Kong, Las Vegas, and Honolulu).
I base the gender identification of my offending limb on the following factors:
- There are times that no matter how beneficial to my well being performing a task might be, my arm and hand (further referred to as SHE) may stubbornly refuse to cooperate.
- Some days SHE is in a better mood than other days.
- Too much caffeine makes HER irritable and may give her the shakes.
- Logic has no affect on HER at all.
- SHE has difficulty with cellphones while driving.
- Getting dressed always takes HER longer.
- SHE's easier to manage after a glass of wine or two. (It's for her not me).